Sunday, August 31, 2008

This Woman's Roar

Now let me start off by saying that I'm a registered Independent. Having long ago decided that both parties had lost their minds and moral compass. None-the-less, this Presidential election has been riveting. I've been so caught up until I didn't learn until last week that Maurice Benard (Sonny) of General Hospital was leaving the show after all these years. And, I love that man! But I digress.

It's been almost forty-eight hours since Republican presumptive nominee, Senator John McCain, announced his running mate. Of course, his choice of a relatively unknown Alaskan Governor, Sarah Palin, as his Vice Presidential running mate caused me to scratch my head, pinch my arm and holla..."What tha' Ham and Cheese!"

However, this Republican vice presidential selection coming on the heels of the outstanding and historical Democratic event where the Old Guards, Kennedy and Clinton passed the torch to Senator Obama was not a total surprise. Almost thirty-eight million homes and counting witnessed Senator Kennedy pass it with a smile and handle-first. The Clintons', not so much. Bill and Hillary did the party thing with the added punch of extending the torch with the blaze hot enough to singe the smooth skin of Barack. But they did give him a "supportive" band-aid with their speeches. So, therefore, when Biden was chosen Vice Presidential pick, McCain's pick was no accident.

I can imagine Senator McCain probably slept little the night before and after making that disengenuous video of congratulations because he was too busy chuckling, wringing his hands, tapping the sides of his bloated cheeks for lack of a handle-bar mustache. He no doubt bellowed, "Move over Cindy, I've picked a Wife-N-Law for ya."

"This is not funny, John." Cindy responded while bobbing her head in agreement.

"Oh, come on. You gotta have a sense of humor." John replied.

Now Cindy McCain might fall for the old okey doke. I'm not. I can imagine old slick John grinning and saying further,

"I'm just choosing this gun-toting, less-than-two years of experience, young mother of five, flipflopping on the Bridge to nowhere thingy, caught up in a scandal, big oil gal, because the Democrats didn't choose Hillary and you know I need those votes."

"I've always loved my country so I'll go along, John." Cindy gushes while nodding her head like a babble-head doll.

John, not fully trusting women since he cheated on and left his first disabled wife for Cindy smirked and continued, "You've seen my wrinkles and my medical report. With one foot in the dirt-bed hole and the other, albeit both shod with five-hundred dollar shoes, on a banana peel, I've got to do this. Now you be a good little Republican Stepford Wife and move to the side. And, make sure our cook knows how to cook Moose ala chutzpah."

Well, Senator McCain... understand this. My vote is important to me and I'll not give it up just because this woman and I share the same chromosone. You, Sir, cannot joke about rape, say that you put your country first, meet this woman once before and convince me to vote my confidence in you. I'm not convinced. I'm insulted. This is less about Senator Obama and more about your judgement.

The radio motor mouth, Rusty Limbaugh, summed it up perfectly, "Palin=Guns, Babies, Jesus,” he wrote in an e-mail. “Contrast that to Obama's bitter clingers. Obama just lost blue-collar, white Democratic voters in Pennsylvania and other states.”

And that's a shame. After all the campaigning to be included in this United States of America...Republicans have lowered their expectations of a United America to race. If McCain was so correct than why would they have to gloat about the possibility of pulling "White Democratic voters."

With the hurricane, Gustav, bearing down with all it's force just before the Republican Convention, I'm reminded that the rain falls on the just and the unjust.

As McCain so often likes to quip when trying to hide a hand that threw a rock, "I'll let the American people decide."

This is just one woman's roar!

No comments: